Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pikes Peak From Northgate, Colorado Springs, CO


It seems that just about every spot in Colorado Springs has a million dollar view of Pikes Peak. This particular view is found just a short walk from my home. To the right is a strip mall, to the left is a large church, and just over this grassy rise is I-25 and the Air Force Academy, but with this small parcel of land at just the right angle it's as if I'm in some remote patch of wilderness. I never actually noticed this scene until I began painting…which is happening a lot lately! Every time you turn around out here there's a painting waiting to be crafted.

Oil on canvas, 20" x 16".

This painting is for sale at the Fare Bella Gallery in Manitou Springs, CO. Click here for contact information and to visit their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment